We had a great meeting on Friday Feb.1st. It was the one year anniversary of the group and we celebrated with a special birthday cake and a wonderful selection of books. Everyone was passionate about their choices. Below is the list, and coming soon is a complete list of all the books we've discussed and shared to date. It's very impressive!
New members are always welcome! We meet on the 1st Friday of the month-next month that's March 1st at 11am.
What People Are Reading Now—the Anniversary List!
Recommendations from our Feb. 2013 Friday Favorites Book Group meeting
- Ahab’s Wife, Sena Jeter Naslund
- The Book Thief, Marcus Zusak
- Illuminations: a novel of Hildegard von Bingen, Mary Sharratt
- The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed out the Window and Disappeared, Jonas Jonasson
- Requiem, Frances Itani
- Serena, Ron Rash
- The Tale of Genji, Shikibu Murasaki
- Y, Marjorie Celona
- Elsewhere: a memoir, Richard Russo
- Life below Stairs: true lives of Edwardian servants, Alison Maloney
- A Severe Mercy, SheldonVanauken
Thanks to all attending for a rousing good time!